One of the most important reasons to have regular AC repair services is to maintain your system’s efficiency. Many homeowners wait until their AC breaks down before they call for service, but this can lead to more expensive repairs and a longer wait time.
Scheduling regular maintenance services can help prevent these problems and keep your system running smoothly. Additionally, regular air conditioning repair services can help extend the life of your system, so you don’t have to worry about replacing it as often.
If you’re looking for a reliable and trustworthy AC repair service in Altoona, WI, and surrounding areas, be sure to check out iHeart Amana’s Brand local dealers today. We offer a “Find Local Contractor” resource so you don’t have to guess about who to hire.
What does a technician do during an AC repair service call?
When a technician from your local dealer arrives for an air conditioning repair service call, they will first inspect your system to identify the problem. They will then work to fix the issue as quickly and efficiently as possible. Some of the most common repairs that they perform include:
- Repairing or replacing broken ducts
- Cleaning or replacing filters
- Repairing or replacing coils
- Repairing or replacing compressors
- Fixing leaks in the system
If your AC is not working properly, be sure to review the local dealers in your area at iHeart Amana!
What Are The Major Reasons Your AC Isn’t Working?
There can be a number of reasons why your AC isn’t working, but some of the most common are:
- The system is not turning on—If your AC isn’t turning on, it might be because the breaker has tripped, a fuse has blown, or the thermostat isn’t working.
- There is no air coming out of the vents—If there is no air coming out of the vents, it might be because the filter is dirty, the AC is not running, or the fan isn’t working.
- The room is not getting cool enough—If the room isn’t getting cool enough, it might be because the AC is not running, the unit is too small for the space, or the ducts are leaky.
- The AC is making strange noises—If the AC is making strange noises, it might be because the fan is dirty, the compressor needs oil, or there is a problem with the wiring.
For air conditioning repairs in Altoona, WI, and surrounding areas, find a professional with iHeart Amana’s local dealer locator.
Are AC Repair Services Expensive?
An AC repair can be expensive, but it doesn’t have to be. Some problems are simple and can be fixed without a lot of expense. More severe problems may require the replacement of parts, which can get pricey. For example, replacing a compressor can cost up to $1,000, while replacing a fan can cost as little as $100.
However, it’s important to remember that the longer you wait to have a problem fixed, the more expensive it will be. Regular AC repair services can help prevent costly repairs in the future.
That’s why it’s important to schedule regular maintenance services because they help keep your system running smoothly. By catching minor problems before they become big ones, you can save yourself a lot of money and hassle. Additionally, regular maintenance can help extend the life of your system, so you don’t have to worry about replacing it as often.
Maintenance services can vary depending on the type of system you have and the company you use. However, some of the most common services include:
- Cleaning or replacing filters
- Cleaning or replacing coils
- Lubricating motors
- Checking refrigerant levels
- Checking electrical systems
- Checking drainage systems
On average, an air conditioner will last 8-10 years. However, this number can vary depending on the type of system you have, how often it’s used, and the quality of maintenance it receives.
While many issues can be repaired, some may be too complex or expensive to fix, and the unit may need to be replaced. If you’re not sure whether your AC can be repaired, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us for a free estimate. We will inspect your system and let you know what needs to be done.
Schedule maintenance with your local HVAC dealer today for repair service in Altoona, WI, and surrounding areas.