As a homeowner in Burnsville, your air handler is an essential part of your HVAC system that helps maintain your indoor air quality and comfort. However, when your air handler malfunctions, it can cause a lot of inconvenience and discomfort in your home. This is where the air handler repair service in Burnsville, MN, comes in. In this article, we will discuss why it is not good when an air handler malfunctions, what could have caused the malfunction, things homeowners should never do on their own when they try to troubleshoot the issues, and how a professional will fix the issues/what the process will look like day of the event.
Why is it not good when an air handler malfunctions?
When an air handler malfunctions, it can cause a lot of problems in your home. Some of the issues that may arise include:
- Poor indoor air quality: A malfunctioning air handler can cause your indoor air quality to deteriorate, leading to respiratory problems, allergies, and other health issues.
- Reduced comfort: An air handler that is not functioning optimally may not be able to circulate air evenly throughout your home, leading to hot and cold spots.
- Increased energy bills: A malfunctioning air handler can cause your HVAC system to work harder than necessary, leading to higher energy bills.
What could have caused the malfunction?
There are several reasons why your air handler may malfunction. Some of the most common causes include:
- Clogged air filters: Air filters in your air handler can become clogged over time, reducing airflow and causing your HVAC system to work harder than necessary.
- Dirty coils: Dirty coils in your air handler can cause your system to work harder than necessary, leading to higher energy bills.
- Electrical problems: Electrical problems in your air handler can cause your system to stop functioning altogether.
- Leaking refrigerant: A refrigerant leak in your air handler can cause your HVAC system to work harder than necessary, leading to higher energy bills.
Things Homeowners Should Never Do On Their Own
When your air handler malfunctions, it can be tempting to try and troubleshoot the issue on your own. However, there are some things that homeowners should never do on their own, including:
- Attempting repairs without proper training: Attempting to repair your air handler without proper training can be dangerous and can cause more harm than good.
- Using the wrong tools: Using the wrong tools when trying to repair your air handler can cause damage to your system and lead to expensive repairs.
- Ignoring warning signs: Ignoring warning signs that your air handler is malfunctioning can lead to further damage and more expensive repairs.
How The Process Will Look Day Of The Event
When you contact a professional air handler repair service in Burnsville, MN, they will start by inspecting your system to identify the root cause of the problem. Depending on the issue, they may perform a range of tasks, including:
- Cleaning or replacing air filters: If your air filters are clogged, your HVAC technician may clean or replace them to improve airflow.
- Cleaning coils: If your coils are dirty, your technician may clean them to improve your system’s efficiency.
- Repairing electrical issues: If there are any electrical problems in your air handler, your technician will identify and repair them.
- Sealing refrigerant leaks: If there is a refrigerant leak in your air handler, your technician will locate the leak and seal it to prevent further damage.
- Replacing parts: If any parts in your air handler are damaged or broken, your technician may need to replace them to get your system up and running again.
Once the issue has been identified and fixed, your technician will test your air handler to ensure that it is functioning optimally. They may also provide you with tips on how to maintain your system to prevent future issues.
The process of air handler repair may take a few hours, depending on the severity of the problem. During this time, it is important to give your technician access to your air handler and provide them with any information they may need about your system.
iHeart Amana "Find Local Dealer" Tool
If you are looking for a reliable air handler repair service in Burnsville, MN, iHeart Amana’s “Find Local Dealer” tool can help. This tool allows you to search for authorized Amana dealers in your area who are qualified to repair your air handler. Amana is a reputable HVAC brand that offers reliable and efficient air handlers, and its authorized dealers are trained to provide high-quality repair services.
To use the “Find Local Dealer“ tool, simply visit the iHeart Amana website and enter your zip code. The tool will then provide you with a list of authorized dealers in your area, along with their contact information. You can then contact these dealers to schedule an appointment for air handler repair service.
Benefits of Professional Air Handler Repair Service
While it may be tempting to try and troubleshoot your air handler issues on your own, hiring a professional air handler repair service in Burnsville, MN, offers several benefits, including:
- Expertise: Professional technicians have the training and expertise needed to diagnose and fix a wide range of air handler issues.
- Safety: Attempting to repair your air handler on your own can be dangerous, as it involves working with electrical components and potentially hazardous chemicals.
- Time-saving: Professional technicians can quickly identify and fix air handler issues, saving you time and hassle.
- Cost-effective: Hiring a professional air handler repair service can save you money in the long run by preventing further damage and costly repairs.
All In All
If your air handler is malfunctioning, it is important to seek professional repair services as soon as possible to prevent further damage and inconvenience. A reliable air handler repair service in Burnsville, MN, can diagnose and fix a wide range of air handler issues, ensuring that your system is functioning optimally and providing you with clean and comfortable indoor air. Remember to never attempt repairs on your own and to use the iHeart Amana “Find Local Dealer” tool to find authorized dealers in your area.