Repairs are inevitable when dealing with air conditioners. Even if you do regular maintenance, there will come a time when your AC will need to be repaired. When this happens, it is best to call for professional help. Many companies offer AC repair services in West Rochester; to find the best one for you, use iHeart Amana’s Brand “Find Local Dealer” tool.
Three Main Components of an AC Unit
The best way to tell if you need a repair is by noticing problems with the most essential parts of the air conditioning unit.
- Condenser: The condenser cools down the heat from the refrigerant and converts it into liquid. Without the condenser, your air conditioner would not work. There are a number of reasons the condenser isn’t working—it could be anything from a burnt-out motor, a broken belt, or a lack of power to blocked air filters or a broken fan in the condenser. If you notice these things, you might want to contact an AC repair professional in West Rochester.
- Compressor: The compressor is what helps circulate the Freon throughout the AC unit; it essentially enables all other elements in your AC to operate. If you notice that your AC unit is not cooling the air evenly, it could be a problem with the compressor. If the compressor is not engaging, a common issue is loss of lubrication on the equipment.
- Evaporator: The evaporator is what removes the heat and cools the air in your home. If you notice that the air coming out of the vents is not as cold as it used to be, or there is water leaking from the unit, then it is most likely an issue with the evaporator.
If you notice issues with these components, it is a good indicator that you need to call an air conditioning repair professional in West Rochester. They will be able to quickly tell what is wrong and get it fixed so that you can have a cool home again.
How To Tell You Are Hiring a Reputable HVAC Company
When looking for a company to repair your AC, there are a few things you want to look for.
Licensed and Insured
Good companies will be licensed and insured. This protects you in case something goes wrong during the repair. Many contractors are also required to have certifications from NATE (North American Technician Excellence).
Knowledge and expertise
You want to find a company that has been in business for a while and knows what they are doing. The team should also be able to answer any questions you have about the repair process. They should also be able to educate you on how to take care of your AC unit.
The company should offer good customer service. They should be polite and helpful when you call and work with your schedule. You can check online reviews to see how well their customers are treated. If they have all positive thoughts, it’s a good sign that you can trust them with your repair.
The company should be upfront about pricing and offer competitive rates. It’s also important that you do your research for rebates and incentives that are available to you for getting repairs or replacements. Several companies offer financing for major repairs and replacements as well.
Once you get your repairs done, you should be sure to take care of your newly repaired unit. The best way to do this is by scheduling regular maintenance. This helps to keep your unit working correctly and can prevent future repairs.
Prolong the Life of Your Unit
You can also do some maintenance yourself between scheduled visits. Some things you can do are:
- Check and replace air filters
- Keep the area around your AC unit clear of debris
- Make sure all vents in your home are open and not blocked
- Schedule an annual professional inspection
Following these tips can help keep your AC unit running properly. Choosing the right AC repair service is important to keeping your home cool and comfortable. If you take the time to find good company, then you won’t have to worry about the repair process. You can relax knowing that your AC is in good hands.
To find a reputable company in West Rochester for your AC repairs, use the iHeart Amana “Find Local Dealer” tool to help guide you to a great company.