Air handlers are an essential part of your home’s HVAC system. They are responsible for circulating air throughout your home and play a vital role in keeping your home comfortable. When you are replacing your air handler or installing an air handler for the first time, a reputable HVAC company in West Rochester can help with that.
An HVAC system is complex, and has a lot of moving parts. An air handler is just one part but an important part. It works with your furnace to heat the air and with your AC unit to cool the air.
To find a skilled professional who can diagnose the problem when an air handler is broken, use iHeart Amana’s Brand “Find Local Dealer” tool. You’ll quickly be able to find a reputable company with air handler repair or replacement services in West Rochester!
Signs You Need a Replacement
There are many reasons the air handler might stop working, where you will need a replacement. Look out for the following:
- Frequent freezes: if your air handler frequently freezes, it might be because of a lack of maintenance. Either the coils need to be cleaned, or the Freon levels may need to be adjusted. If the problem is a Freon level, you’ll need to call a professional.
- Weak airflow: If you have inadequate airflow, something is blocking the path of the air. It could be a dirty filter or a blockage in the ductwork. There could also be a problem with holes or large cracks in the air handler. These issues can also bring about mold and mildew, which is a health concern.
- Many repairs: If you find yourself repairing your air handler, it might be time for a replacement. Parts can wear out over time and might not be as efficient. A new one will work much better and be more energy-efficient.
- Increased energy bills: If your utility bills have been rising and you can’t explain why, it might be your air handler. A new one will likely be more energy efficient and save you money in the long run.
- Odd noises: If your air handler is making weird noises, it could be a sign of something loose or a problem with the motor.
If you have any issues with your air handler, don’t hesitate to call a professional for a replacement in West Rochester. They will be able to help you figure out what is wrong and get it fixed fast. Your comfort is their top priority!
The Installation Process
The installation process of the air handler is not as easy as you might think. It’s better to have a professional do it for you to avoid any mistakes that could be costly to fix. Make sure you follow these steps:
- Find a professional: The first step is to find a qualified professional to install your air handler. Once you have found a professional, you must schedule an installation date. A professional will be able to assess your home during the initial walkthrough, which will better help them during the installation day.
- Multiple parts to the air handler: The outdoor unit, the indoor unit, and the ductwork all play a role in how your air handler will function. Your professional can help you understand which parts are most important for your needs and budget.
- Sealing: Once the installation is complete, it’s important to have your new air handler unit and all the ductwork sealed. This will help to improve the efficiency of your new air handler and keep the air in your home clean. The proper installation of an air handler is vital to its success. It will also give you peace of mind knowing that a certified technician is handling it with care.
- Testing: After the installation, your professional will need to test the air handler to ensure it’s installed correctly and works efficiently. You and the professional will go over the warranty and any maintenance that needs to be done on the air handler. Depending on the company, they might offer a maintenance plan to help keep your air handler running smoothly.
Replacing an air handler is a big decision and not one to be taken lightly. But, when the time comes, finding a qualified professional for your air handler installation in West Rochester will help make the process much smoother.
To find a professional, take advantage of the iHeart Amana “Find Local Dealer” tool.