Air handlers are an essential part of your HVAC system. They are responsible for circulating air throughout your home and play a vital role in ensuring that your home is comfortable.
Air handlers come in different shapes and sizes, but they all have one thing in common: they must be adequately maintained to function properly. When you don’t schedule regular maintenance appointments for your HVAC unit, you’ll end up needing repairs, which could be costly.
Common Repair Issues
You can generally tell when you need air handler repairs in West Rochester. If you notice any of the following, it’s time to call in a professional:
- Poor air circulation: If you notice that the air in your home isn’t circulating as well as it used to, it could be a sign that your air handler is struggling. Poor circulation can be caused by multiple things, such as clogged air filters, leaks, or faulty ductwork.
- Blower motor stops working: The blower motor helps circulate air throughout your home. If it stops working, your home will quickly become stuffy and uncomfortable. These issues can be caused by a bad control board or capacitor that needs replacing.
- Thermostat not properly working: The air handler is responsible for circulating air, but the thermostat tells it when to do so. If your home feels stuffy or the temperature isn’t consistent, it could be a sign that the two aren’t communicating correctly. Sometimes it’s because the thermostat is not corresponding with the HVAC unit. It could be a simple fix; be sure to check the batteries in your thermostat before calling a professional.
- Water leaks: Water should never be present around an air handler. If you notice any pooled water or water stains, it’s time to call in a professional. Water leaks can cause significant damage to the air handler and your home.
- The unit is making strange noises: Air handlers should run smoothly and quietly. If you start to hear strange noises from yours, it’s a sign that something is wrong. The sooner you can get it checked out, the better.
- Higher than normal energy bills: If your energy bills start to increase and you can’t figure out why it might be time to check your air handler. An inefficient air handler will have to work harder to circulate air, which will end up costing you more money.
- The unit is cycling on and off more frequently than usual: If you notice that your air handler is turning on and off more frequently than it used to, it’s a sign that something is wrong. This could be caused by several things, such as a dirty air filter or a problem with the thermostat.
- Strange odors: If you start to notice strange odors coming from your air handler, it’s a sign that something is wrong. These odors could be caused by mold or mildew and should be addressed as soon as possible.
If you notice any of these issues with your air handler, don’t hesitate to call in a professional. Air handlers are complex machines and require special attention. Using iHeart Amana’s Brand “Find Local Dealer” tool, you can find a licensed HVAC technician to take care of your air handler and ensure that it runs smoothly and efficiently for years to come.
You can do a few things to ensure that your air handlers are properly maintained. First, you should change the filters regularly. This will help to keep the air handlers clean and free of dust and other particles that can clog them up. Second, you should have them serviced by a professional at least once a year.
This will help catch any issues early on and prevent them from becoming bigger. To get a tune-up, you can contact reputable companies near you that offer air handler repair services in West Rochester. Lastly, you should ensure that the area around the air handlers is clear of debris and dust. This will help them to run more efficiently and prevent any potential issues.