Hiring an HVAC Contractor
Preparing to make the decision on who to choose to install your heating and cooling system can be overwhelming. There are so many HVAC Contractors in Minneapolis to consider when deciding who to work with. That’s why we provide a dealer locator. Find the best of the best in the Minneapolis area so you know the job is being done right!
Step 1: Research your HVAC contractor
- Ask for State License and Insurance Liability Information.
- Check industry credentials & professional associations.
- Make sure they are an Authorized Dealer for the brand they represent.
Step 2: What to Expect at your Appointment
- Expect a home evaluation.
- Ask about rebates and incentives.
- Make sure to get a written contract.
Step 3: Ask About the Equipment
- Make sure you purchase from a reputable brand. As an example, Amana® Brand offers a lifetime warranty on many of their high performing products. It provides a high level of comfort knowing that you are backed up by the industry’s best warranty.
- Consider the credential of the brand and check for reviews. Amana® brand is designed, engineered, and assembled in the U.S.A. which means that parts, accessories, and help is available. You can also look at manufacturer reviews to see what consumers have to say. Amana® is a top-rated brand that is known for its quality, warranty and efficiency.
Step 4: What to Expect at the HVAC Installation
- Your contractor should start up and test the equipment per the manufacturer’s specifications.
- Your contractor will go over operating instructions and make sure to answer all of your questions.
- Make sure to ask your contractor about scheduling maintenance for your new furnace, heat pump or AC.
- Also make sure to ask about how often to change your air filter.