Hiring a Contractor
Preparing to make the decision on your heating and cooling system can be overwhelming. There are many aspects to consider when deciding the best solution.
Step 1: Research your HVAC contractor
- Ask for State License and Insurance Liability Information.
- Check industry credentials & professional associations.
- Make sure they are an Authorized Dealer for the brand they represent.
Step 2: What to expect at your appointment
- Expect a home evaluation.
- Ask about rebates and incentives.
- Make sure to get a written contract.
Step 3: Ask about the equipment
- Make sure you purchase a reputable brand. As an example, Amana® brand offers a lifetime warranty on many of their high performing products. It provides a high level of comfort knowing that you are backed up by the industry’s best warranty.
- Consider the credential of the brand and check for reviews. Amana® brand is designed, engineered, and assembled in the U.S.A. which means that parts, accessories and help is available. You can also look at manufacturer reviews to see what consumers have to say. Amana® brand is consumer top-rated for quality, warranty and efficiencies.
Step 4: What to expect at the installation
- Your contractor should start up and test the equipment per the manufacturer’s specifications.
- Your contractor will go over operating instructions and make sure to answer all of your questions.
- Make sure to ask your contractor about scheduling maintenance for your new furnace, heat pump or AC.
- Also make sure to ask about how often to change your air filter.