When you use your furnace often, wear and tear is bound to happen, and sometimes repairs will be needed. You’ll want to make sure to let a professional HVAC contractor handle any furnace repairs you need. However, there are tips you can do to maintain your furnace after the repair.
We have a list of skilled contractors out of West Rochester who can perform all furnace repairs to make your home comfortable. Use iHeart Amana’s Brand “Find Local Dealer” tool to find the best contractor for your needs.
Signs You Need Furnace Repair Services
There will always be signs that you need repair services. If you notice any of these, please call a professional right away:
- An Increase in Energy Bills: A rise in your energy bills is one of the first signs that something is wrong with your furnace. If your home feels drafty or you must keep adjusting the thermostat, it could be a sign that your furnace isn’t functioning properly.
- An Aged Furnace: The average lifespan of a furnace is 15-20 years. If your furnace is older, it’s more likely that you’ll need repairs.
- Strange Noises: If you hear strange noises from your furnace, it’s time to call a professional. Common sounds include banging, grinding, and squealing. These could be signs of a severe problem.
- A Yellow Flame: A healthy furnace flame should be blue. If it’s yellow, there is too much carbon monoxide in your home. Call one of our expert contractors for emergency repairs immediately and evacuate your home.
- Soot around the furnace: This is a sign of combustion problems and should be fixed as soon as possible. It can also be a health hazard for the people in the home.
- Bad Smells: If you notice strange smells, the problem could be gas leaks, electrical problems, motor problems, or a dirty furnace.
If your furnace doesn’t turn on at all, it could be a problem with the pilot light, thermostat, electrical switch, or circuit breaker. Similarly, if your furnace turns on and off frequently, the thermostat could be to blame. When this happens, the thermostat isn’t reading correctly or not sending the signal to the furnace.
Additionally, several issues can be easily solved by changing the filter. A dirty filter can restrict airflow and cause the furnace to overheat. This can be avoided if you take the time to simply maintain your filters.
Please call a professional for heating repair services in West Rochester if you notice any of these signs. With iHeart Amana’s “Find Local Dealer” tool, you can quickly find a qualified HVAC contractor that can help you.
If you are seeking furnace repair services in West Rochester, it is important to always check the warranty. Many manufacturers will cover the cost of repairs if the furnace is still under warranty. This can save you a lot of money in the long run.
Don’t forget to check and read over the warranty when you purchase your furnace. In the industry, it is normal to have extended warranties on specific parts of the systems. This is because the manufacturers know that these are usually the first things to break down.
Remember that manufacturer warranties will not cover the cost of labor or service call fees. These will be an additional cost. However, if you want a warranty on the labor, you often have the option to purchase that separately.
The manufacturer’s warranties do not cover repairs or replacements resulting from natural disasters, including storms, fires. Fortunately, your homeowner’s insurance should cover those disasters and help with the costs of repairing your HVAC system.
Even though you have the luxury of a warranty, there are still requirements for your warranties. To keep your warranty valid, you must professionally maintain and take care of the furnace. If you live in West Rochester, you must contact a heating repair contractor to do the tune-up.
You will also have to register your HVAC system with the manufacturer to ensure you qualify for your entire warranty. Usually, your contractor will do that for you, but it’s always good to be diligent and follow up in that process.
Another requirement to maintain your warranty is a professional installation. Doing a proper installation will help to make sure your furnace is running correctly and efficiently. This will save you time, money, and energy in the long run. Doing it properly ensures everything is done correctly before something needs repair.
If you meet these requirements, it will ensure that your warranties will be eligible when you need to use them for repairs. For help finding a skilled contractor to do the repair job for you, iHeart Amana has the “Find Local Dealer” tool to help you search.