Furnace repair is done by technicians who are thoroughly trained in the ins and outs of furnaces. These technicians are knowledgeable about heating systems, their various components, how to detect problems with these components, and are qualified to make any repairs.
A heating repair technician will be able to determine what is wrong with your furnace; whether it be a simple fix or an in-depth repair, they’ll be able to get your furnace up and running again in no time.
With iHeart Amana’s “Find Local Dealer” resource, you can find the best dealer to provide furnace repair services in Minneapolis, MN, and surrounding areas. Check it out today!
Signs You Need Furnace Repair Services
The following are indications that it is time to call a professional furnace repair technician for an evaluation:
- You may notice that the heat output of your furnace has decreased or that it takes longer for the house to warm up, especially in cold weather.
- Other symptoms include loud noises coming from the furnace when it first starts up or shuts down or if it fails to light.
- When the fan is making unusual noises, this may signify belt wear and tear.
- If your thermostat asks for more heat than usual, this may indicate that the furnace’s airflow has been compromised.
These are some of the most common heating repairs HVAC contractors have encountered throughout our years in the field:
1. Gas furnace ignition repair: This is common in the cold months of late fall and winter when cold weather hits and your furnace is just not starting or working. A quick inspection will often reveal a broken wire on one of the furnace’s safety controls, but other times, a full ignition system replacement will be needed to get things fired up.
2. Furnace circuit board repair: This can happen in older furnaces and may need to be repaired or replaced depending upon how old the furnace is and what kind of circuit board it has. More modern units will have a circuit board with circuits on them and will typically not need replacement unless they are really outdated and more likely to need replacement than not.
3. Furnace blower repair: This will need to be repaired or replaced depending upon how severe the condition becomes and what kind of furnace it is (has the blower wheel on top of the unit? Or is it side mounted?). Most blower wheel problems are not too difficult to repair, but some can be more challenging.
4. Furnace circuit breaker repair/replacement: This is often caused by shorted wires on the safety control circuit board that cause an overload in the safety circuitry and shut down the furnace.
5. Furnace thermostat repair/replacement: This happens because of age, and quite often, we recommend just upgrading to a touchscreen or WiFi thermostat that can be controlled from anywhere in the world with an app on your phone or tablet.
If your furnace is blowing cold air, even when it should be heating up, there’s a good chance that your parts could use replacing. In addition to the other repairs we mentioned above, you may also have problems with your burner motor, which is part of the furnace assembly.
When you schedule your next heating service appointment, your contractor will come out and assess it for any possible issues that may be happening. For example, checking if the pilot light stays lit, or if it’s burning poorly, and so on. Other common problems include a furnace is that it runs but does not heat. Another is a furnace that makes an unusual noise during normal operation.
If you haven’t had your furnace in Minneapolis, MN, and surrounding areas inspected recently, now would be a good time to do so! Use iHeart Amana’s dealer locator resource to find the best HVAC company for your needs.
Having a professional come to your home for regular maintenance can save money in the long run because they can identify problems before they spiral out of control. This will reduce the number of repairs and the time required to complete them.
Additionally, regular maintenance can help you avoid potential more significant problems in the future, such as expensive motor repairs and replacements. Regular cleanings and inspections not only save money but it extends the life of your furnace unit while keeping it running efficiently and safely.
If you need furnace repair services or want to book a maintenance appointment in Minneapolis, MN, review the dealers in your area with our “Find Local Dealers” button.