The average home in Minneapolis and Saint Paul will spend over $2000 a year in their home heating and cooling. But it doesn’t need to be that way. A new furnace installed and maintained properly will operate more efficiently than your current system. Today’s high efficiency furnaces will allow you to pay less toward your energy bill.
In brief, an efficiency rating tells you how much of the total energy used is delivered to the home as heat. The higher the efficiency, the better the furnace functions. For example, a furnace that is 80% efficient delivers 80% of the fuel consumed by the house as heat. The rest, 20% or 20 cents on the dollar, goes up the chimney flue. Your heating bill, therefore, depends on the cost of the fuel and the efficiency of the furnace.
AFUE: When referring to furnaces, we measure performance by the AFUE (annual fuel utilization efficiency). The higher the number the more efficient the furnace is.
An Amana® brand Preferred Contractor knows the right questions to ask. Choosing a furnace for your home is far more important than most people think. Your furnace has the potential to provide you with exceptional home comfort, influence your indoor air quality AND save you money. There are a number of considerations that we can help you with: